Friday, June 14, 2013

Planning: My First Time of a Not-So-Solo-Backpack-Traveling!

Many say that the first time is always the hardest! But I would like to believe that

"My first time, hopefully, would be the most meaningful and happiest of my travels."

Palawan boasts some of the famous limestone beaches (Coron & El Nido) in the Philippines. There are plenty of feature articles about the beauty of its paradise islands scattered around the southwestern part of the Philippine Archipelago. This is one of the reasons why I would like Palawan to be the first of my tra-abel trips and travels.


Way back in 90’s during one of my HEKASI classes we were given a project of compiling famous landmarks and tourist spots in the Philippines. That was my first time encountering the beauty of Palawan. Although it's only depicted on a postcard, that image of paradise never left my mind, it has been imprinted hard in my head.

And so, more than 10 years after learning those things from my Philippine geography Class, I will be able to finally land my feet there and explore the town crazy like Diego (anyone who’s not familiar with him, he is Dora’s cousin an action-adventure hero with a heart :D) .

Sometime in May 2013, I heard the news that my friend Mitch (A geologist in profession but a traveler at heart.. LOL) will be travelling to Palawan for a 4-day vacation. At dahil inggitero lng ako (And because I'm jealous), I hurriedly looked for a cheap plane ticket going to Palawan to join them in their escapade. I found one via Monday Madness of AIRPHILEXPRESS (PAL Express now) costing Php1500 round trip ticket. Without further ado, I booked it before the ticket goes out of sale.

I immediately browsed the web for exciting things to do in Palawan. My mind was firmly set on the island hopping at El Nido not only because of the reviews and blogs I read about it but also because it is the most visited place of Hollywood actors whenever they visit the Philippines (at dahil feeling humahollywood din ako hahaha). I asked my friend regarding their itinerary and if we can work things out to just consolidate our itineraries. Sadly, there is no meeting of the minds (parang law on contracts lang LOL) that have the weak side of my head thinking, if I should just throw away my itinerary and just go along with hers.

Then on a second thought, it has always been my dream to do a solo backpack traveling. I had always been inspired by the blogs I read about solo traveling. The courageous side of my head believes that I should stand firm with my itinerary, that way, I will not have any regrets with my trip, I can experience and get a feel of solo travelling (a timely practice for my out of the country travel plans).

The courageous side of my head won, and decided that imma go solo for my Palawan trip. I may not be on the safe side, I may be risking a lot of things for this solo travelling pero sabi nga sa commercial ng Nido “Look at me mom…, I got stinky……, I got dirty…. but see, I learned.” Expose.. Explore.. Experience LOL.

Follow my adventures at Palawan on the succeeding posts:

Palawan Day 0: Tra-Abel En Route - From Mountains to Beaches

Palawan Day 1: Puerto Princessa City - City Tour
Palawan Day 1: Tra-Abel En Route - On My Way to Paradise
Palawan Day 2: El Nido -  Island Hopping Tour A
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Taraw Cliff Climbing 
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Island Hopping Tour C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give your comments, queries and questions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this blog with your friends