Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Palawan Day 3: El Nido (Island Hopping Tour C)

I came back from the Taraw Cliff Climbing unscratched but with sore limbs and muscle pains. Tay Miloy recommended that I should take Alaxan FR (Pacquiao’s pain reliever after a boxing match. LOL), so I bought 3 tablets from a store nearby. Since I arrived ahead of time, I decided to lie down and rest a bit, while waiting for the person who will fetch me up for the Island Hopping Tour C.

At exactly 9:00 AM, I heard a knock from ate and she said that my sundo is ready to take me to the boat for the island hopping. Upon boarding the boat, I noticed that everyone in the group except moi is foreigner (Oh good, language barrier cum nosebleed alert! Hahaha). In a way, the situation is favorable because I don’t need to mingle with everybody and I can just close my eyes and take my rest from the tiring taraw cliff climbing while waiting for the boat to arrive at our first island destination.

Unfortunately, after 15 minutes on board, the couple (they said they’re not but they look like one) next to my seat started talking to me.   They are originally from France but they are currently working at Malaysia. The ‘rest’ which I was dreading to get went to lala land and never came back that day. Our conversation focused mainly on work, travel, food, culture and many things. I thought to myself that this is a good opportunity for me to practice in preparation for my solo backpacking trip to Indochina in February 2014. 

The first stop of our island hopping was the Secret Beach, a good spot for snorkeling!

Secret or Hidden Beach?

Fishes! and sands? haha

Our second island was the Star Beach, where we had our lunch. I ate with my new found friends and talk some more. They asked me recommendations on other places in the Philippines to visit and I said “a LOT, it depends on what kind of activities you are planning to do or activities you enjoy most.” Both of them answered “a place where you can relax, not necessarily beaches, a place where the temperature is not that hot and humid with a lot of nature tripping related activities.” Only one place came to my mind, ‘SAGADA’ & ‘BANAUE’. And so I asked them if they have been to Banaue or Sagada, apparently not. They are familiar with Banaue (Rice Terraces) though, but they’ve never heard of Sagada before. So I indulged them with my tra-abel stories regarding my trips to Sagada and what activities it has to offer. They seemed interested and said that they’ll check their schedule if they can include Sagada and Banaue to their itinerary. (It felt good to be of help to my fellow wanderer, I would gladly accompany them if I didn’t have work waiting for me back home. Soon, when I become full time traveler! LOL)

Star Beach
After resting for a bit, we proceeded to Matinloc Shrine. The place was a little creepy (like an abandoned building in a horror movie) because it has not been maintained and cleaned for God knows how long and the buildings were also flooded (I have no idea how the water got inside that building). However, the nature and scenery surrounding it, was magnificent and wonderful. Let the pictures speak for it:

Matinloc Shrine!
The entrance to Matinloc Shrine
Jump shot! not..
Perfect for swimming!

Taraw? Ahhmm NO! This is way lower and easier than Taraw!

After spending almost an hour at Matinloc Shrine, we went to Helicopter Island!

Helicopter Island!
The rain started to pour!
As an additional bonus to our tour we went to a snorkeling spot near the Cadlao Island. Unfortunately, my waterproof camera is only allowed a depth of 10 meters, so I was not able to capture the colorful fishes and corals.

Underwater creature! LOL :P

Rain rain go away!

At 4:00 PM, the skies started to get dark and gloomy so Manong Boatman decided to go back at Bacuit Bay and call it a day. 

That concludes my Tra-Abel Trip to Palawan! Watch out for my Northeastern Mindanao Tra-Abel Trip! 

Follow my adventures at Palawan on the succeeding posts:

Palawan Day 0: Tra-Abel En Route - From Mountains to Beaches

Palawan Day 1: Puerto Princessa City - City Tour
Palawan Day 1: Tra-Abel En Route - On My Way to Paradise
Palawan Day 2: El Nido -  Island Hopping Tour A
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Taraw Cliff Climbing 
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Island Hopping Tour C



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give your comments, queries and questions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this blog with your friends