Friday, January 10, 2014

Palawan Day 2: El Nido++, Philippines (Island Hopping Tour A)

The plan was to wake up early to catch the sunrise at Bacuit Bay, so as early as 6:00AM, I was already on my feet ready to catch the magnificent view of Bacuit Bay’s rising sun. Sadly though, I was not able to capture it and just decided to walk around town.

Early morning at Bacuit Bay!!! minus the sunrise.. :)

Walking around town

Right on the center of El Nido is where the parish is situated, where a lot of locals can be found.
The town was starting to get populated and establishments were starting to open for business, and so I just decided to walk along the shore of Bacuit Bay on the way to my friends' lodge. As I was walking, a fisherman approached me and offered his catch during the night. It got me curious so I looked into his bucket and saw bundles (is this the right term?) of crabs that made my mouth salivate thinking that steamed crabs are perfect after a whole day of island hopping tour.

So I asked Manong Fisherman, how much each bundle costs, to which he answered Php150.00. I was really surprised at the price he gave me because as I counted the number of medium-sized crabs in the bundle - it ranges from 8-10 pieces. I immediately bought one bundle consisting of 9 above medium-size crabs and took it at Tay Miloy’s Inn hoping they could help me steam it later in the afternoon.

Since it was still early, I continued to walk around town trying to look for the entrance of Taraw Cliff, my next day’s planned activity. Taraw Cliff is the limestone formation which can be seen on the left side of the town, which on first glance is impossible to climb.
Where am I???

Island Hopping Tour A

At 8:45 AM, I made my way to the lodge where my friends were staying so we can start the Island Hopping Tour A. El Nido Island Hopping Tour was standardized by the Department of Tourism and divided the tour into 4 categories/group. The 4 categories offer different islands and snorkel sites, and its up to you to choose which one is right for your taste. 

As to the rate, a municipality ordinance has been issued, which standardizes the rates, as follows:

TOUR A – Php700.00

TOUR B – Php800.00

TOUR C – Php900.00

TOUR D – Php700.00

*Rates are inclusive of buffet lunch

Map of Tour A / B / C / D
Tour A started at Small Lagoon on the Island of Miniloc. The reason for choosing small lagoon as our first stop was to avoid the high tide in the afternoon, which will make it difficult for anyone to enter the lagoon. And since I visited El Nido in July during the wet season, the water level was still high, giving us a little challenge on our way to Small Lagoon.

A small part of small lagoon with small fishes! what a small world! lol

Second stop was the Big Lagoon! The lagoon is best visited during the dry season when the water level is low. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our time there, where we took lots of photos as our souvenirs.

Big Lagoon, too bad the lighting is bad!

Time flies so fast when you enjoy what you're doing, so i felt a little bad when our tour guide decided to go to Sumisu Island for our lunch!

Sumisi Island from afar!
A few minutes on the boat and we reached the island. Since our tour guide will have to prepare the lunch first, we just decided to walk around and explore the island!

Crystal clear waters and fine white sand, what more can you ask for???
Our sumptuous lunch! very Filipino.
No time to sleep after eating lunch!!! (siesta time?) We immediately left Sumisu Island and went to Paglugaban Island for snorkeling time.

Snorkeling site... best part of my Islang Hopping Adventure!


Finding Nemo? They dont want to be disturbed!!
At 4:00 PM our El Nido Island Hopping Tour A concluded and we went back to Bacuit Bay. The crabs which I bought earlier that day were already waiting for my grumbling stomach when I got home. But of course, I cannot eat all the 9 crabs alone so I shared them with my friends. After eating, my friends packed their bags and they went back to Puerto Princesa City for their underground river tour.

And as for me, before signing the day off, I went back to Bacuit Bay to take a photo of the sunset and here it is!

Not so fab! I was a little bit late because of the crabs. LOL

Night life at Bacuit Bay!!!
At 6:30 PM, I went back to Tay Miloy's to arrange my Taraw Cliff Climbing and Island Hopping Tour C for the next day. They contacted someone who will accompany me through the life threatening adventure and someone who will pick me up for the Tour C. 

Before going to sleep, Tay Miloy reminded me to take a good and long rest for I will be needing all my energy the next day! and THEY WERE RIGHT!!!!! Follow my "buwis-buhay" cliff climbing on my next post! Ciao for now...

Follow my adventures at Palawan on the succeeding posts:

Palawan Day 0: Tra-Abel En Route - From Mountains to Beaches

Palawan Day 1: Puerto Princessa City - City Tour
Palawan Day 1: Tra-Abel En Route - On My Way to Paradise
Palawan Day 2: El Nido -  Island Hopping Tour A
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Taraw Cliff Climbing 
Palawan Day 3: El Nido - Island Hopping Tour C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give your comments, queries and questions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this blog with your friends