Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CARAGA Northeastern Mindanao – Siargao (Day 2): The Boardwalk at Cloud 9

Waking up and finding yourself in a different place is really a delight to me. Watching the sunrise and the locals’ early morning routines excites me. So when I went to Siargao Island, I made sure to wake up early to catch the sunrise at the famous “Boardwalk at Cloud 9”. The boardwalk is a walkway which allows surfers to get near the Cloud 9 (Siargao’s famous waves) and where onlookers watch the surfers ride the big waves.

From Ocean 101, the Boardwalk at Cloud 9 is just 3 to 5 minute walk. To enjoy the walk from your reserved accommodation to the boardwalk, I suggest that you walk on the shore rather than the main road. One needs to be careful though when walking along the shore since there are pointy rocks on the way to the boardwalk. Even if it was still dark, you should not worry since there are few people on the shore, specially fishermen taking care of their catch from the previous night.

View of Boardwalk at Cloud 9 from afar!
The sun started to show as I was approaching the boardwalk. The reflection of the rising sun on the crystal clear water of Cloud 9 beach was enchanting.


Upon arriving, I saw a few locals and tourists with camera on their hand waiting for the right time to capture the view of the sunrise at the Boardwalk. The waves are still strong even if it was low tide. The only sound at that time was that of the strong waves coming from the Pacific Ocean. It was like music to my ears (except for the snore of a person who fell asleep there!)

The Boardwalk at Cloud 9!
I did not waste my time and took plenty of pictures of the stunning view before my eyes and here are some of them:

The wooden walkway of the Boardwalk!

Hello sunrise!

View from the first floor of the Boardwalk!
Failed jump shot! I was afraid that the wooden walkway will be destroyed! LOL

By 7:30 in the morning the boardwalk started to get populated. There were local surfers offering their services and rental for the surf boards. There were some surfers starting to get ready for some surfing action. As much as I wanted to watch them surf, I needed to go back to Ocean 101 to prepare for my planned itinerary for the day.

So after the photo-op, I went back to Ocean 101 to eat breakfast and to prepare for my planned island hopping tour that day. On my way back to Ocean 101, I used the main road in order to check for stores and restaurants along the road, to look for a place to eat. Unfortunately, only one store was open for business and the others were still closed. So I just decided to eat breakfast at Ocean 101.

Ocean 101's dining area! Sowsyal..
I ordered omelet for my breakfast with fresh mango juice. The breakfast served at Ocean 101 was sumptuous and filling, perfect for the whole day’s demanding tour (kelan pa naging demanding ang island hopping tour?).

FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Ocean 101’s menu offers a variety of cuisines, and from it, I ordered a serving of chicken curry and rice as my packed lunch for the island hopping tour.

The boat and our guide arrived early at Ocean 101 to fetch us for the island hopping tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give your comments, queries and questions...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this blog with your friends